The Karen Herman Advocate for Women and Girls Award is presented annually to a woman philanthropist who exemplifies exceptional leadership by investing in women and girls in the Greater Kansas City area, serving as a mentor, advocate, and change agent for the work of The Women’s Foundation.
- Must have had a significant impact on the lives of Greater Kansas City’s women and girls
- Must have exhibited a long term commitment to and passion for enhancing the lives of great Kansas City’s women and girls
- Must be a donor to The Women’s Foundation by investing her time, talent and financial resources at a level appropriate for her
- Must have demonstrated advocacy by helping women and girls discover their voices and talents.
If you know a woman who you would like to nominate for the Karen Herman Advocate for Women and Girls Award, click the following link, Karen Herman Award 2014. Deadline to apply for the 2014 Karen Herman Advocate for Women and Girls Awards is March 3, 2014. We want to hear your story of someone you know who has made an impact on women and girls in the Kansas City community!
For more information on the Karen Herman Advocate for Women and Girls Award, contact Cat Larrison at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 913.831.0711 ext. 23.
Karen Herman has been the inspiring voice and spirit for The Women’s Foundation for more than 20 years. In 1989, she and group of women came together to discuss the lack of support for women and girls in their community. These women were the founders of The Women’s Foundation of Greater Kansas City and Karen stood as the first Board President. Karen brought her investment knowledge coupled with her extraordinary and unwavering passion and commitment to issues affecting women. She has a history of showing exceptional compassion and has a strong record of philanthropic giving to organizations that support women and girls. Here are just a few of Karen’s accomplishments:
- She assisted with the first endowment campaign and helped raise over $3.0 mil.
- Karen served as a Change Catalyst during our second campaign and helped raise another $3.0 mil.
- Karen was the honorary chair for the 2006 Annual Luncheon and is co-chair of the Kansas City V.I.P. (Voices in Philanthropy).
- Karen has represented us as a board member to the Women’s Funding Network (the organization that supports all women’s funds throughout the world).
When discussing an award to recognize an individual for their commitment to the foundations’ vision and mission, Karen’s name rightfully came to mind. We are humbled for her commitment to serving women and girls in the Kansas City community and are honored to have this award in her namesake.
Karen Herman Advocate for Women and Girls Award Recipients: