The Boys and Girls Club of Greater Kansas City has volunteer opportunities available in the Life Coach Program. The Life Coach Program helps empower youth to make positive life choices enabling them to maximize their full potential to reach positive academic, career and personal goals. The Life Coach Program uses professional adult volunteers who commit to supporting, guiding, and being a friend to a teen Club member for a period of at least one year.
Life Coach Role
- Take the lead in supporting a teen Club member through an on-going, one-to-one relationship.
- Maintain regular contact with the teen.
- Serve as a positive role model, build self esteem and motivation, and strive for mutual respect.
- Build a relationship by planning and participating in activities together at the teen’s home Club site.
- Help the teen set goals and work toward accomplishing them.
- Agree to a one-year commitment to the program.
- Spend a minimum of two hours per month, 1 hour every other week with teen.
- Attend an initial two-hour training session and a two-hour training session during the year.
- Attend optional Life Coach related group events and program recognition events.
If you would like to volunteer as a Life Coach, please contact Chandra Clark, Life Coach Program Director at 816-61-3600 ext. 248 or email@example.com.